Over 100 people took part in a public forum on crime in Dublin city this evening.
The Lord Mayor of Dublin held the meeting for all citizens to have their voices heard in relation to recent criminal violence in the City.
Eight people have been killed in an ongoing feud over the past year, many of them have died on the streets of the inner city.
But Lord Mayor of Dublin Brendan Carr has said that although many of the recent killings had taken place in one area of the city, the violence is affecting the citizens of the whole city.
A public forum in Dublin’s City Hall heard concerns over violence in the capital over the past year https://t.co/QY0MjHe1n9— RTÉ News (@rtenews) September 28, 2016
Mayor Carr said he wanted those that have not had an opportunity to speak about this issue to have their voices heard.
The meeting heard calls for the Gardaí to be given more resources.
Trina O'Connor, NCCCAP Training Centre Manager in Dublin's north inner city, said they needed to look at different approaches taken by other countries because what was happening was extraordinary and was not something that young people should have to live with.
Marie Metcalfe, Co-ordinator of the North Inner City Community Policing Forum, said they did not have enough gardaí to make the community feel safe.
Chair of the Government Inner City Task Force, Kieran Mulvey, and Assistant Garda Commissioner Jack Nolan were among those listening to the concerns raised.
Mr Mulvey is expected to issue his final report for the task force by the end of November.
Speaking about the forum, Mr Nolan said he had outlined the Garda response and in particular to the major murder investigations.
He said over 45 people had been arrested in relation to these crimes, while over 160 searches and 8,000 lines of inquiry were conducted, and 19 firearms seized.