The jury in the trial of Graham Dwyer for the murder of 36-year-old Elaine O'Hara has seen CCTV footage of him at the apartment complex where she lived on nine separate dates between January and August 2012.

Mr Dwyer, from Kerrymount Close in Foxrock, Co Dublin, has denied murdering Ms O'Hara on 22 August 2012.

Sergeant Kevin Duggan gave evidence that gardaí had compiled eight log books detailing every hour of the CCTV footage taken from Belarmine Plaza in Stepaside between January 2012 and 26 August 2012.

The jury was shown CCTV footage from the entrance hall to Belarmine Plaza from ten separate dates beginning on 21 January 2012.

On nine of those dates, Sergeant Duggan said the footage showed Mr Dwyer entering and leaving the complex.

On 21 January, Ms O'Hara left the complex at 9.20am in the morning.

That afternoon, just before 2.20pm, Mr Dwyer entered the complex, went into the lift and left again ten minutes later.

Ms O'Hara returned home that evening just before 5pm.

On 23 June, Mr Dwyer entered the complex just after 7pm and left again just over an hour later, the court heard.

Three days later, he again entered the complex and left just under an hour later.

On 12 July 2012, just before 5.30pm, the court was told Mr Dwyer entered the complex and appeared to have a phone in his hand.

Sergeant Duggan said he appeared to put that phone away and take a second phone out of his jacket pocket.

Three minutes later he came back out of the lift and went to the area where the post boxes for the apartments were located, before leaving.

When Ms O'Hara came back shortly after 6pm, the court heard she went to her mail box, took something out and appeared to have a phone in her hand as she waited for the lift.

The court heard Mr Dwyer visited the apartments on 13 August 2012 and left again ten minutes later carrying a backpack.

Prosecuting lawyers put the image of Mr Dwyer carrying the backpack on the screen beside the image of a red and black backpack recovered from Vartry Reservoir in 2013.

Mr Dwyer is seen again on 15 August 2012 arriving at the apartment complex with this backpack and leaving again with it just over an hour later.

Sergeant Duggan said he had not seen anyone entering or leaving with this backpack in any further footage.

Trial hears of searches at Dwyer's home, workplace

Gardaí have been giving evidence about searches carried out of Mr Dwyer's home and his workplace, architect's firm A&D Wejchert and partners on Lower Baggot Street in Dublin 2.

Inspector Brian O'Keeffe said gardaí went to Mr Dwyer's house at Kerrymount Close early in the morning of 17 October 2013.

He told the court gardaí went to the front and the back of the house. Mr Dwyer answered the door shortly after 7am.

He said Mr Dwyer was arrested and gardaí began searching the house.

Insp O'Keeffe said other members of Mr Dwyer's family were in the house and arrangements were made to allow the search to go ahead without interfering too much with the family.

Two vehicles in the driveway, an Audi car and a Land Rover jeep, were also searched and taken away for technical examination.

The search continued into the early hours of 18 October and finished at 11am that morning.

The court heard items were photographed at the scene and then taken away for examination.

They included a hard drive, USB keys and a bull clip.

Garda O'Keeffe agreed he thought the bull clip might be relevant as some had been found in a location at Killakee Mountain.

The court also heard that Mr Dwyer's workplace, architect's firm A&D Weijchert, was searched on the same day.

Sergeant Kevin Duggan said they concentrated this search on Mr Dwyer's workstation and the places he had most access to.

The court heard the items seized included computers, a memory stick, and laptops as well as business cards for "model-heli services" and membership of the "Roundwood Golden Eagles".

Gardaí also seized other items including mobile phone records, emails relating to Mr Dwyer's pay, as well as timesheets, mileage records, and daily attendance records relating to him.

Earlier, the court heard that there were two CCTV cameras at the recycling centre at Shanganagh Park, where Ms O'Hara was last seen.

One of the cameras was trained on a cage where people were leaving electrical goods to be recycled.

The other was trained on a laneway leading towards the road.

But the court heard that camera was not working.

Coillte worker testifies in trial

The court earlier heard evidence from Coillte worker James O'Dowd who was responsible for felling trees on Coillte land at Killakee Mountain in Rathfarnham.

This land was beside land owned by Frank Doyle, where the remains of Ms O'Hara were found on 13 September 2013.

The court has been told a number of items, including plastic sheeting and cable ties, were found in an area on the Coillte land at the same time.

Mr O'Dowd said part of the forestry on the Coillte land had been felled in around May 2013. 

He said this was because there had been a storm a year or two previously and 80-90% of the trees had been blown over. 

He said the forestry on this Coillte land was basically impossible to get through because it was so dense and the trees had fallen criss-cross across the land.

The court also heard a Superquinn loyalty fob registered to Ms O'Hara was found on keys recovered from Vartry Reservoir in Wicklow.   

The court heard the Superquinn card was last used on 8 August 2012.