The Central Criminal Court has heard how teenager Mariora Rostas phoned her family in Romania the day after she went missing and was crying and "asking for her daddy to come and get her".

Alexandru Rostas told the court that on 7 January 2008 his sister Mariora phoned a cousin who lived across the road.

The cousin had a mobile phone for which all the family had the number, he said.

He said his cousin received the call and ran to him and he passed the phone to him.

He said his younger sister was crying and seemed frightened as she told him she was "out of town" and asked if he could tell her father to "go after her".

The teenager also told him she could see a sign and began calling out some letters to him but the phone went dead.

In cross examination, he said he did not tell Romanian police that Ms Rostas had said she was taken from the city centre by two men.

He said he did remember telling Romanian police in a formal statement the following year that Ms Rostas told him she had 50 cents to make a call and that she had been dropped off 200km from Dublin.

He agreed that the sign she was talking about could have been a street sign.

In a statement given later to gardaí, he said he could not remember the letters she had mentioned before the phone went dead but told gardaí he would have told police in Romania when he first spoke to them.

Ms Rostas went missing on 6 January 2008 while begging in Dublin City Centre. She had been in Ireland for 18 days.

The 18-year-old died from four gunshot wounds to her head.

Her body was buried in a shallow grave in the Dublin/Wicklow mountains where it was discovered four years later.

Alan Wilson of New Street Gardens in the city has pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Rostas at Brabazon Street, The Coombe between 7 January and 8 January, 2008.

Her younger brother Dumitru Rostas said he was with his sister the day she went missing.

They were begging at the junction of Pearse Street and Lombard Street in Dublin.

He said he saw his sister get into a car and when he went over the driver of the car told him they were going to go to McDonalds to get food and would return.

He said as the car rolled away the man dropped a €10 note and he picked it up.

He said he could not now remember what the man looked like or what he wore.

It was put to him in cross examination by defence counsel that he had made a statement to gardaí and gave a description of the man.

He agreed that he told gardaí after viewing an identity parade at Pearse Street Garda Station that he "could not be sure" if the man driving the car was in the parade.

He agreed with defence counsel Michael O'Higgins that he said in his statement that he "did have similar skin alright but I could not be 100% positive this was the man".

He also agreed that he had said he did not get a proper look at the men in the identity parade as they were walking past him one behind the other.

He also agreed he had told gardaí the man driving the car had "like mushrooms on his left cheek".

When asked today to explain what that meant he said he did not know exactly what it was but it could have been small spots.

He also agreed that at the time gave gardaí a description to enable them to produce a photofit picture of the man driving the Ford Mondeo.

The trial was also told the accused man, Mr Wilson, was the registered owner of the car from September 2007 until May 2008 when ownership was transferred to Fergus O'Hanlon.

Mr O'Hanlon is the main prosecution witnesses who will tell the trial he helped Mr Wilson dispose of Ms Rostas' body.

A ballistics expert earlier told the court that bullets found at a Dublin house could have been fired from the same weapon as the one used to Ms Rostas.

However, Garda Shane Curran told the trial because of the damage to the bullets, which had been fired into a wall, he could not be certain of this.

The trial has heard she died from four gunshot wounds to the head.

Gda Curran said two .22 calibre bullets retrieved from the wall at the house in Brabazon Street were of the same calibre and had the same "class characteristics" as the four bullets retrieved from the body of the 18-year-old.

The trial has already heard that four bullets were removed from her head during the post mortem examination.

Gda Curran said he compared the bullets which all had similar grooves of a particular width and twist.

However, he said while they may have been fired from the same firearm he could not say they were, because of the damage to them.

The prosecution alleges that Ms Rostas was murdered on the third floor of the house at Brabazon Street.

The bullets were retrieved from a wall on the second floor.

Gda Curran also gave evidence about an "accelerant trail" which was visible upstairs in the house.

He said it indicated someone had set fire to the house using an accelerant of some sort.

He also said one of the rooms upstairs had a sliding latch on the outside.

The owner of the house at Brabazon Street told the trial he had rented it to Maxine Wilson, the sister of the accused man, for just over two years before it went on fire in February 2008.

He said he was unable to make contact with her after the fire.