The Norweigian prime minister has announced that an independent commission is to be set up to investigate the events surrounding last Friday's attacks.
Announcing the independent probe, Jens Stoltenberg said the aim of the special ’22 July’ commission would be to ‘map out what functioned well and what functioned less well’.
‘It's important to understand all the aspects of these attacks, to draw lessons from what has happened,’ he told a press conference after meeting party leaders.
Mr Stoltenberg also announced that a national commemoration will be held on a date still to be decided, in honour of the dead from the shooting rampage on Utoeya island and the bombing of government offices on Friday.
The Norwegian government would also make a financial contribution to the families of the bereaved, to cover funeral expenses, Mr Stoltenberg added.
Norway's domestic intelligence chief has said there is no evidence that Anders Behring Breivik had links to other cells in the country or in Britain.
Mr Breivik has admitted killing 76 people in Friday's bombing in Oslo and the massacre on Utoeya island. Police began to identify the first of the victims yesterday.
Janne Kristiansen also rejected defence arguments that Mr Breivik was insane, saying that he was sane and 'total evil'.
'I can tell you on a general basis that so far we don't have any evidence of other cells, neither in Norway nor in Britain,' Ms Kristiansen told the BBC.
'We are having the highest focus on this question (of other cells) and we have had this focus since Friday but so far after four days we don't have any evidence,' she added.
Media reports this week citing a manifesto written by Mr Breivik said he had links to the British far-right and claimed to have been in touch with the English Defence League (EDL).
Ms Kristiansen said possible meetings with the group were 'something that we are looking closely into and that of course British MI5 is looking closely into'.
The EDL has denied it had any contact with Mr Breivik.
Meanwhile, footage has been released showing young Norwegians taking part in the Labour Party youth camp on the day before the massacre.
The video shows participants welcoming Norway's Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere to the camp on the island of Utoya.
Separately, Norwegian police have said an abandoned suitcase they removed from a bus using a robot at Oslo's central station posed no danger.
'Nothing was found that was of interest to the police,' Police chief superintendent Tore Barstad told reporters.
He also said the suitcase search likely had nothing to do with Friday's double attack.
'As far as we know there is no connection,' said Mr Barstad.
The train station has reopened and security cordons have been removed.