The UN's World Food Programme has said it will resume aid flights to Burma while discussions continue with the Burmese authorities over food distribution.
Watch the launch of the UN Burma appeal live from New York
The UN's food agency said that two relief flights will be sent to Burma tomorrow.
The WFP had previously said it would suspend aid flights over the seizure of food that was flown in earlier today.
Two flights landed this morning with food which was not released to the WFP.
Earlier, Burma's foreign ministry said it was willing to allow in supplies for victims of Saturday's cyclone but not foreign aid workers.
State television has also said that Burma will accept emergency aid from the US, but did not specify how it would be delivered or distributed.
State television made the announcement after a meeting between deputy foreign affairs minister Kyaw Thu and the head of the US embassy in Myanmar, Shari Villarosa.
The broadcast rejected ‘rumours’ that military-run Burma was turning away offers of assistance from Western countries, which are deeply critical of its failure to move towards democracy.
However, there was no indication of how the aid would enter Burma and who would be responsible for distributing it.
The UN has also appealed for $187 million to provide aid over a period of six months to those affected by the devastating cyclone on Myanmar, a statement said.
UN humanitarian chief John Holmes, during a meeting of 192 member states at the UN headquarters in New York issued the appeal.
The ministry said Burma, which is also known as Myanmar, is 'making strenuous efforts' to get aid to affected areas by itself.
The statement came shortly after UN officials urged the country to accept international help.
A disaster rescue team from Qatar that arrived in Rangoon on an aid flight was turned back. It was one of 12 international relief flights that landed in the former capital yesterday.
'Myanmar is not in a position to receive rescue and information teams from foreign countries at the moment,' the government-run Myanma Ahlin newspaper said in a report on the aid operation slowly building up for survivors of Cyclone Nargis.
'But at present Myanmar is giving priority to receiving relief aid and distributing them to the storm-hit regions with its own resources,' the newspaper said.
Outside frustration is mounting at delays by Burma's military regime in giving visas to aid workers and landing rights for flights, including those from the US military, which has supply planes on standby in neighbouring Thailand.
Survivors of the cyclone have largely been fending for themselves in the swampy delta.
The official death toll still stands at nearly 23,000, although experts fear it could be as high as 100,000.
Burma’s junta has urged citizens to do their patriotic duty and vote for an army-drafted constitution in a televised message that made no mention of the thousands of people clinging to survival after the cyclone.
The junta is holding a referendum on the constitution tomorrow in all but the worst affected parts of the country.
Its opponents have suggested the delays in allowing in aid workers are because it does not want an influx of foreigners before the vote.
Thailand's Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej has announced he will fly to Burma this weekend after British and American envoys urged him to ask the ruling generals to open the door to Western aid.
The US navy said four ships, including the destroyer USS Mustin and the three-vessel Essex Expeditionary Strike Force, were heading for Burma from the Gulf of Thailand after the Essex deployed helicopters to Thailand for aid operations.
The US, however, was waiting for approval to start shipping in aid on military planes.