The charter flight which is bringing the Roma who were camped at Ballymun back to Romania left Dublin Airport just after 6pm this evening.

They 99 Roma will arrive in Timisoara in western Romania later.

Once they arrive in the eastern European country, they will be transported by bus to their respective home villages.

Earlier, a spokesperson for Traveller support group Pavee Point confirmed that all the remaining members of the extended Rostas family had left their camps at the M50 intersection at Ballymun.

Sara Russell said officials from Pavee Point and Crosscare had witnessed the departure and said it was voluntary and had been conducted in a very professional manner by gardaí.

A garda spokesperson confirmed that the Roma's decision had followed dialogue with gardaí in recent days, and today's operation had been conducted by officers from Santry and the Garda National Immigration Bureau.

Ms Russell said the Roma had taken the decision as they felt their deportation was inevitable.

She said she did not know what would happen to a number of High Court cases being taken by members of the family.

Meanwhile, one of those cases, which was listed for mention in the High Court this afternoon, was put back until next Friday.