The Brazilian runner who was knocked over by Irish ex priest Neil Horan has said he would love to come to Ireland to attend the Dublin City marathon in October.

Speaking on RTÉ Radio, Vanderlie de Lima said he may not actually run but would love to be in Ireland for the event.
 
The Minister for Sport, John O'Donoghue, said the Government would not be found wanting in making it possible for de Lima to attend the event.

Meanwhile, Neil Horan, 57, appeared in court in London today on indecency charges. He will stand trial in October accused of two charges of indecency with a child.

The offences are alleged to have taken place between September 1990 and April 1993.

The Irishman, who denies the charges, spoke only to confirm his name during the 30-minute hearing.

He was granted bail on condition that he report to a police station daily, and he may only travel to his solicitor's office in central London.

The former priest, who is originally from Co Kerry, was given a one-year suspended sentence by a Greek court after attacking Mr de Lima in Sunday's marathon.

He also found himself in court last year after disrupting the British Grand Prix.