As heard on the Brendan O'Connor Show on RTÉ Radio 1.
This is an updated version of the classic prawn mayonnaise sandwich, which is still one of the most popular shop-bought sandwiches. To change the filling, try using leftover roasted vegetables with feta or roast beef with a smear of red onion marmalade and plenty of rocket.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Agood dash of balsamic vinegar
- 4 soft wholemeal flour tortilla wraps
- 350g (12oz) cooked peeled prawns
- 50g (2oz) rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan. While it's heating up, cut the avocado in half and remove the stone, then scoop the flesh out into a bowl and add the mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste and mash with a fork to a smooth puree.
- Heat each flour tortilla for 30 seconds on the frying pan, turning once. Spoon the avocado mash down the middle of each of the heated tortillas and stack the prawns and rocket on top.
- Season to taste and roll up to enclose the filling.
- To serve, cut each one on the diagonal and arrange on plates or wrap in greaseproof paper to pack for lunchboxes.