Watch Off Duty Chef Wednesdays at 20:00 on RTÉ One.
- 12 chicken wings, split into knuckle and wing tips
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 30g butter
- 4 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp tobasco sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp thick crème fraiche
- 10g blue cheese
- Lemon juice
- 2 sticks celery
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Dust the chicken wings in the cornflour and place them on a parchment-lined baking tray. Cook in the oven for 20mins
- To make the dip, season the crème fraiche with lemon juice and crumble in the blue cheese, mix and store in the fridge
- The sauce is very simple. Add the butter, hot sauce, tobasco, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic powder and cornflour to a pot and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Set aside.
- For the wings, place a non-stick pan on the heat and add a good amount of plain oil. Shallow fry the wings for 5-7 mins until golden brown and the cornflour goes crispy. Place in a bowl and dress with the sauce, toss until it's coated.
- Serve in a warm bowl flanked with the celery sticks, serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce.