This recipe will make 12-14 large cookies.
- 150g soft butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 130g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 300 g flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 200g chocolate chips
- dash of oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper (If you are only making one tray, you can freeze the dough until needed).
- Melt the butter and let it cool slightly. Mix the sugars in a bowl, pour in the melted butter and vanilla. Mix this all together. Add in the egg and egg yolk. The mixture should be light and creamy. Sieve the flour and baking powder together, use a large spoon or spatula to fold in the flour.
- Do this in two or three stages until all the flour is mixed. Fold in the chocolate chip cookies. Wipe a little oil on a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, use this to put scoops of the dough on the tray. Leave plenty of room between each one as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, the edges of should have browned a little. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before placing them on a wire rack.