Zesty fish makes for a delicious topping for crisp crostini.
For the fish crostini:
- 1 whole fish, cleaned (rainbow trout or salmon)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Large handful of parsley
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 baguettes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Chives, chopped
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 red peppers
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 4-5 basil leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt & pepper
- Score the fish skin with a sharp knife.
- Stuff the cavity of the fish with the parsley, lemon slices, most of the red onion and half the garlic.
- Season with salt & pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- On some tinfoil make a bed of the remaining lemon slices, red onion and garlic and place the fish on top.
- Insert some lemon and garlic slices into the scored skin.
- Wrap the fish very tightly in a double layer of tinfoil.
- Put the wrapped fish straight onto the BBQ on a medium heat (the indirect side) and cook for around 40 minutes until cooked through and flaky.
- For the sauce, roast the peppers over the grill until charred (10mins). Leave to cool slightly then scrape the charred skin off with a knife.
- Put the peppers, feta, mint, basil, a little olive oil and the lime juice into a blender, season with salt & pepper and blitz until combined.
- Cut the bread into slices (Ideally leave the bread out for an hour to stale up a tiny bit)
- Toast lightly on the BBQ, grill or toaster.
- Spread some of the red pepper sauce on each piece of bread.
- Once cooked, remove the fish from the wrapping (the steam will be hot) and flake off some fish to top each crostini.
- Garnish with chives.