Watch Paul Flynn's Food Truck Favourites on Wednesday at 8pm on RTÉ One.
- 3 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 125g smoked bacon lardons
- 600g lamb shoulder, cut into very small dice
- 2 tbs tomato purée
- 1 jar of country relish (320g)
- 1 jar, an equal amount of water
- Salt and pepper
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 1 tbs malt vinegar
- 16 small tortillias
- 2 heads of little gem lettuce
- Set the oven to 160 deg
- Put the sunflower oil in a pan and add the onion, celery, garlic and smoked bacon.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 15 minutes, add the lamb and turn up the heat so the meat starts to colour.
- Cook the lamb for ten minutes or so then add the tomato purée and the country relish.
- Fill up the empty jar with water and add to the lamb then season.
- Cover the lamb and cook in the oven for 1 hour, 15 minutes or so til tender (this will depend on how small the chunks are).
- Mix the creme fraiche with the vinegar.
- Warm the tortillas and add one piece of lettuce to each one followed by a dollop of lamb and a little creme fraiche.
- Fold together and eat immediately