Rich and flakey salmon, cooked two ways, with a zesty caper salad is perfect for summer nights.
For the skinned salmon:
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
For the cubed salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets, cut into 2 inch cubes
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes, on the vine
For the Caper Salad:
- 3 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp caper water (from the jar)
- Handful of dill
- Handful of parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Method for the skinless salmon fillet:
- Season fish with salt & pepper.
- Layer the orange and lemon slices to create a bed for the salmon
- Place the Salmon onto the citrus and grill over a low heat for 8-12 minutes.
Method for the cubed salmon kebabs:
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water to stop them burning on your barbecue. Rub a cut lemon over the grill to stop the salmon from sticking.
- Slide the salmon onto 2 skewers and grill over a medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently.
- Place the cherry tomatoes straight onto the grill and roast for 5-7 minutes.
Method for the salad:
- Finely chop the parsley and dill and place in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the capers and add to the bowl.
- Add the caper water, juice of 1 lemon and the extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Serve the Salmon with the roast tomatoes on the side and a generous spoonful of salsa drizzled over the top.