- 4 x 200g striploin
- 75g butter, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated - optional
- Salt & pepper to season.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat or preheat the barbecue over medium heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the coleslaw. Combine in a bowl, mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the carrots, cabbage, onion, and Toss to combine. Check the seasoning and set aside.
- Next, Prepare some garlic butter. In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic with the soft butter, and parsley. Roll into parchement paper to store until needed.
- Then, once ready to cook. Brush the steaks with a little oil on both sides.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the griddle pan and grill for 2-3 minutes on both sides or until cooked to your liking. Remove them from the
- Once the steaks are nearly cooked to your liking, add some garlic butter and baste the steaks with the butter. if doing this recipe on the barbecue, melt the garlic butter and brush the steaks with the mixture. Remove the steak on the side , cover with foil to rest for 2 minutes or so.
- At the same time, over a medium heat, in a sauté pan or grill if flat, drizzle some oil and add the eggs. Cook for 2 minutes until just cooked and add some garlic butter again to baste the eggs.
- Toast the slices of bread and place on a serving platter. Add a layer of closlaw then carve the steaks and add on the coleslaw, then the egg and a sprinkle of cheese if desired. Top with the second slice of bread and serve immediately.
Enjoy while hot!