A true family favourite!
- 400g beef mince
- 200g pork mince
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 10g parmesan, grated
- 5g dried rosemary
- 18g sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 medium tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 500ml beef stock
- 400g pappardelle
- 50g basil
- 10g butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 150c, place a sheet of tinfoil on a tray.
- Slice the tomatoes and place on the tray, season with olive oil, salt and sugar. Place the garlic bulb on the tray as well and cook for 1 hour in the oven.
- While in the oven, place the beef and pork mince in a bowl, add the salt, pepper, rosemary, parmesan, egg yolk and breadcrumbs on top and work the mix lightly until it comes together.
- Roll into balls in your hand, roughly golf ball sized and set aside in the fridge.
- In a heavy based saucepan, add some oil and the onions, cook until softened.
- Remove the tray from the oven, the tomatoes should be firm and roasted. Place these in the pot along with the white wine vinegar and the beef stock. Bring the mix to the boil and then crush using a potato masher to make a sauce like consistency.
- Remove the butt from the roasted garlic and squeeze out the pulp, place half in the sauce and the rest in the softened butter. Mix the butter and roasted garlic until smooth and season with parmesan and salt.
- Reduce the sauce to a simmer and place the meatballs in, simmer for 10mins until cooked through.
- Cook the papardelle in boiling salted water for 7mins until just cooked.
- In a pan, add butter and garlic cloves, add two ladles of the pasta water and cook over a high heat until a sauce consistency is formed. Remove the whole garlic cloves.
- Remove the pasta from the water and add to the garlic butter sauce. Stir together.
- Finish by adding the meatballs, top with ripped basil and parsley and some grated parmesan.