Rich and nutty, with a hit of tart cherry.
Makes 8 small pots
- 500ml cream
- 150g caster sugar (100g + 50g)
- 6 egg yolks
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 50ml honey
- 50g salted peanuts
- 20g icing sugar
- 100g cherries, stones removed
- Preheat the oven to 110c.
- Add 100g of caster sugar to a heavy based pan, cook over a medium heat until a mahogany coloured caramel is formed.
- Add the cream, salt and honey and bring slowly to the boil, allow to simmer for 2mins
- Mix the egg yolks and 50g caster sugar, pour the caramel cream on top, season with the soy sauce and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the warm custard mix into small bowls, place in a bain marie and cover in cling film. Place in the oven and cook for 45mins or until the custard is set all the way through. You can leave at room temperature or in the fridge to use later.
- Heat a non stick pan and add the peanuts, toast until golden brown. Add the icing sugar and toss until the sugar melts and coats the nuts, set aside to cool.
- Dress the caramel pots with the nuts and sliced cherries before serving.