- 500g salmon skinned
- 125g sea salt
- 125g sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seeds.
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds.
- 1 lemon juice and zest.
- 1 cucumber cut into thin slices
- 200ml white wine vinegar
- 100ml sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Mix all ingredients together, place half on a tray, put salmon on top and cover with remaining ingredients, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge, wash salmon under cold water and pat dry.
- In a saucepan bring the Wine and Vinegar to a simmer add bay leaf, fennel seeds, season with sea salt and pepper. Put sliced cucumber in jar and add the cooled liquid.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Slice salmon thinly, garnish with the cucumber and yoghurt. Avocado, beetroot, apple and sweet mustard also go well with this dish.