Prep time: 30 mins
Baking time: 60 mins
- 60g plain flour
- 40g cold butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 30g flaked almonds
- 185g butter, room temp
- 185g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- Dash of vanilla
- 185g self raising flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 50g sour cream
- 250g fresh blackberries
- For the crumble mix, add the flour, butter & sugar into a bowl and with your fingertips, mix until you reach a sandy texture.
- Add the almonds, mix and set aside until needed.
- For the cake, preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Line the base of a 8" round loose bottom cake tin with parchment paper.
- Grease and dust the tin and set aside.
- For the cake batter, into your mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the blackberries and mix until smooth.
- Spoon this cake batter into the prepared tins and level out.
- Sprinkle the blackberries over top and then crumble.
- Pop this into the preheated oven and this will bake for 50/60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove once baked and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Best served with a side of whipped cream, Ice-cream or custard.