Perk up while you cool down...
- 1 tbsp of your favourite instant coffee (a strong bean is best)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 2 tsps of honey or a salted caramel syrup
- An ice lolly mould nd wooden sticks
- Pick a bean and brew. Make your regular coffee (if you have a stronger bean, this would be better because coffee loses its strength when frozen).
- Add some sweetness. To give it that sugary kick, add a little bit of liquid sweetener such as honey or a light caramel syrup. We would advise not to use granulated sugars as you may end up with a lump in the bottom if it fails to dissolve.
- Get in the mix. Before mixing, make sure you add in your milk of choice. Any milk works well. If you're looking for a dairy-free option, we would recommend coconut milk to give the mix that slightly nutty taste. Allow to cool and mix well. Allowing the coffee to cool gives it its best chance of maintaining flavour.
- Freeze! Place the mix into six identical iced lolly moulds. Top up mixture with milk, if not full. Place the tops on and freeze for one hour. Add wooden sticks. Freeze for four more hours. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Coffee Friend