- 4 large maris piper potatoes, peeled
- 3 litres water
- 150g sea salt
- 1 ltr plain oil for frying
- Cut the potatoes into even chips, trying to keep them all the same thickness approx. 2cmx7cm
- Bring the water and salt to the boil, drop in the chips and put a 4 min timer on your phone, remove and place on a cloth, leave in fridge for 30 mins
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan, bringing it to 140c. Add the chips and put a 4 min timer on your phone, remove and place on a cloth, leave in fridge for 30 mins
- Increase the heat to 200c, place the chips in and dry till golden and crispy all over, remove and eat immediately.