- 300g prawns, peeled and raw
- 1 head baby gem lettuce
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- 4 wedges lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 300ml plain oil
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Handful chives chopped
- Place a small pot of water on the heat, season heavily with salt, and bring to the boil
- Drop the peeled prawns in the water and cook for 1minute only, until just cooked, remove and chill in the fridge.
- To make the sauce, add the egg yolk, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco to a blender, blitz to a paste, then emulsify in the oil slowly until a thick mayonnaise is formed.
- Mix in the tomato ketchup, and season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Fold the sauce through the prawns, making sure they are just coated, not swimming in sauce. Set aside
- Slice the iceberg thinly, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place in the base of the glass.
- Place some baby gem leaves around the edge of the glass and fill the hollow with the dressed prawns.
- Top with cayenne pepper and chives, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.