Makes 2 large souffles
- 200g 70% chocolate
- 200g milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 10g cornflour
- 6 egg whites
- 80g caster sugar
- Soft butter to line the mug
For the cream:
- 100ml fresh cream
- 50g creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c. Brush your mug with soft butter, making sure the brushstrokes are straight up, dust with caster sugar and place in the fridge
- Melt the chocolate over bain marie
- Mix the egg yolk and cornflour, warm the milk and mix together, return to the heat and cook it out until a thick, smooth paste is formed
- Add the paste to the melted chocolate and mix
- Whisk the egg whites at medium speed, add the sugar in 3 stages until soft peaks form
- Fold both mixes together carefully, being careful not to knock out too much air.
- Spoon into the mug, tap off a work surface to remove air, scrape away excess with the back of a knife
- Run your thumb around the rim, to clean it, and cook at 180c for 15mins
- While the souffle is cooking, add the cream, creme fraiche and vanilla into a bowl and whisk until thick, reserve in fridge.
- When the souffle is ready, remove carefully from the oven, dust with cocoa powder, and serve with the whipped cream.