- 700g very small button mushrooms
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 275ml dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, lightly toasted in a dry pan and lightly crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe firm tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat parsley leaves
- Put all of the ingredients except the tomatoes and parsley in a heavy bottomed stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, cover and cook on a very gentle heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and allow to cool completely before adding the chopped parsley. Taste and correct seasoning.