Celeriac remoulade is a classic French dish.
Serve it with coarse terrines, as part of an hors doeuvres selection, with salamis, chorizos and robust sausages. Its very good with roast or confit of duck and can also be the basis for a good slaw. I like it served with pickled beetroot and served with homemade sausages or pork burgers.
- 450g celeriac, weighed after peeling
- 2 - 4 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of small capers, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 8 radishes
- Grate the celeriac on a coarse old fashioned grater or cut into julienne strips by hand or with the help of a mandolin.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, mustard, a little lemon juice, capers (if using), salt and pepper.
- Taste and correct seasoning.