Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 100g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 200g quinoa
- 300ml white wine
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 20g toasted sunflower seeds
- Large handful mint
- 100g yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Heat a large casserole dish, add some oil.
- Peel back the green leaves from the cauliflower, remove the base. Place in the pot and begin char all over
- Once it begins to brown, drop the heat slightly and add the butter, baste the cauliflower for 1 minute, then add the spices, onion and garlic.
- After another minute, reduce the heat and add the quinoa into the base of the pot, coat it in the spiced butter, then add the wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken stock and season with salt.
- Place a lid on the pot and place in the oven for 30mins, or until the quinoa has absorbed the moisture and the cauliflower is soft.
- Season the yoghurt with the lime juice and salt
- Remove the lid from the pot and garnish with the yoghurt, sunflower seeds, mint, and lime zest.
- Serve in the middle of the table.