Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Indy Power for Coeliac Awareness Week.
Makes 10 | 30 minutes
- 60g gluten-free pure Irish oats
- 65g coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7g ground flaxseed
- 30ml nut milk
- 40ml melted coconut oil
- 60g ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 70g of nut butter
- 15ml of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add Gluten-Free Pure Irish Oats to your food processor or blender and blend on high until you have an oat flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, vanilla, ground flaxseed and nut milk until well combined.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil. Really work it in, continuing to whisk until completely smooth and combined.
- Add the oat flour, ground almonds, baking soda and a pinch of sea salt and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls with your hands and then press them between your palms to flatten them into thin discs. Place them on the baking tray, with at least 2cm between them. I put 8-10 on each tray.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until golden all over. Set them aside to cool on a wire rack.
- When they’re cool, mix together the nut butter and maple syrup for the filling.
- Place about a teaspoon of the filling mixture onto the centre of a cookie, then place another one on top and squish them together to spread out the filling. Repeat with all of the cookies.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Indy Power.