Watch How to Cook Well with Rory O'Connell Mondays at 7.30pm on RTÉ One.
- 8 caramelised filo wafers
- 2 halves of pear compote, see recipe
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate caramel
- 4 tablespoons stiffly whipped cream flavoured with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and a little vanilla seed scraped from a vanilla pod
- Lemon zest
- A few drops of eau de vie de poire or kirsch – optional
- To assemble, place 4 plates on your work top. Spoon 1 dessertspoon of white chocolate caramel on to the centre of each plate spreading it out into a circle with the back of a spoon.
- Lay a sheet of filo on top of the caramel. Slice the pears neatly and lay in overlapping slices on the filo.
- The pear slices do not have to fit the top of the pastry exactly but can overhang in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Place the vanilla cream in a piping bag fitted with a star or plain nozzle and pipe neatly on top of the pears.
- Cover with another sheet of filo, gently firming the pastry into position.
- Finish each plate by drizzling on another dessertspoon of the white chocolate caramel, a zesting of lemon and a few drops of eau de vie de poire or kirsch.