Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 knob butter
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat. If unsure, cover the pan in table salt and place on a high heat for 10mins until the salt is smoking. Discard the salt, brush away any excess, and your pan will become non stick for a short period.
- Use a fork to whisk your eggs and cream until smooth, season with salt.
- Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt, but not brown.
- Add your eggs and begin shaking the pan, using a spatula to pull the cooked outer area into the centre of the pan.
- After about 30 seconds, stop using the spatula, and gently rotate the pan so the uncooked egg on top begins to set.
- Lift the handle and allow the mix to move to the far side of the pan, the mix should be slightly loose, but cooked nearest you.
- Begin folding the egg mix over itself, like rolling a carpet, until you reach the slightly wet centre, then fold the cooked egg over the top, turn upside down onto a plate, and serve warm.
- The perfect omelette should be smooth and pale yellow in colour, and rugby ball in shape.