Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 300g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 360ml milk
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 50ml maple syrup
- Place the flour, baking powder and 50g sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Add the egg yolks and milk and mix to a rough paste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites, gradually adding the remaining 50g of sugar, until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until smooth and airy, reserve.
- Heat a non stick pan on a low heat, and place 4 metal rings on it. Spray them liberally with grease spray, or brush with plain oil.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each ring, then place a lid on the pan. After 3 mins, turn the pancakes in the rings, and continue to cook for 3 more mins. They will rise gradually inside the rings
- Remove the pancakes and serve with crispy bacon and maple syrup.