Watch Cook-In on Wednesdays at 8:30pm on RTÉ One.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 50g chorizo
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 100ml sesame oil
- Lime juice
- 1 tbslp harissa paste
- 4 slices sourdough
- Preheat your grill oven.
- Heat a heavy based pan and add some oil. Add the garlic and onion and sweat off until softened.
- Dice the chorizo and add to the pan. Add the tinned tomatoes and sliced peppers and cook over a low heat for 15mins.
- Once a sauce has formed, remove from the heat and create 4 holes using a spoon.
- Crack the eggs into the holes and return to the heat to cook. Cook the eggs for 2mins on the heat and 1 further minute under the grill so the eggs remain runny.
- To make the hummus, add the chickpeas, sesame oil, lime juice, salt and harissa paste to a blender and blend to a paste.
- Toast the sourdough and smear with the hummus. Serve alongside the baked eggs in the middle of the table.