Paul Flynn's grilled lamb chops with spinach, cumin, almonds and apricots.
- A drizzle of sunflower oil
- 4 lamb chops
- Salt and pepper
- 50g butter
- 50g whole almonds
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 6 dried apricots, sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- 100g baby spinach, washed and dried
- Put a little sunflower oil in a frying pan and turn onto a medium high heat.
- Season the chops and cook for three minutes on one side, turn over and cook for a further three minutes then balance the chops on their fatty sides as best you can.
- Turn down the heat and let them cook for a further five minutes until the fat is crisp.
- Remove the chops from the pan and put in a warm place covered in foil for a little while to rest.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in another pan and add the almond and cumin, cook gently for two to three minutes then add the apricots and orange juice.
- Bring to a simmer then add the spinach, remove from the heat, season and let the spinach wilt.
- Serve straight away with the lamb chops and any of their choppy juices.