Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 100g sea salt
- 1 litre cold water
- 300g monkfish, cleaned
- 20ml honey dissolved in 20ml warm water
- Sunflower oil
- 20g butter
- Warm the salt in 200ml of the water until its dissolved, then whisk into the cold water
- Place the monkfish in the salt water and leave to bath for 18mins. Remove and pat dry and then leave in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Place a non stick pan over a medium heat, add a splash of plain oil
- Gently brush the fish with the honey and water mix, then place in the pan and brown on all sides, it wont take long with the honey coating.
- Add your butter and season the fish with salt, then cook for 2 mins on both sides. Keep the fish moving, and control the temperature of your heat so the butter doesn't burn.
- The fish will take approx. 5mins to cook, then remove from the pan and allow to rest on a board for 5mins before slicing.