Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 500g cod
- 200g bread crumbs
- 50g flour
- 2 eggs, mixed in a bowl with a splash of milk
- Sea salt
- Wedge of lemon
- Sunflower cil for shallow frying
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tblsp dijon mustard
- 1tblsp white wine vinegar
- 300ml plain oil
- 10g capers, drained and chopped
- 10g gherkins, drained and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- Handful parsley, chopped
Fine herb salad:
- Handful parsley
- Handful dill
- Handful Coriander
- Olive oil and salt to taste
- Portion the cod into long strips, about the size of your longest finger
- Sprinkle salt on the fish and leave in the fridge for 15mins
- After 15mins, remove the fish and dry on a cloth.
- Now coat your fish in flour, followed by egg wash and then breadcrumbs, repeat the process again.
- Pour the oil into a pan and place over a medium heat
- Lay the fish fingers into the pan, away from your body.
- Cook for 2mins on each side until golden brown, remove and season.
- To make the sauce, blend the egg yolk, mustard, vinegar in a bowl, slowly add the oil while blending until a thick mayonnaise is formed.
- Fold the capers, gherkins, parsley and lemon through the sauce and serve alongside the fish fingers.
- Gently pick the leaves and thick stalks off the herbs and place in a bowl. be careful to avoid any thick stems which are unpleasant to eat. Lightly dress them in some olive oil and sea salt.