A light and delicious dish that's easily throw together.
- 1kg prawns
- 100g egg noodles
- 1 litre stock (chicken, veg or mushroom stock)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Knob of ginger (thumb nail size)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or 1 red chili)
- Drizzle of rapeseed oil
- 1 red, green and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 50g green beans (sugar snaps)
- Handful of spinach
- 2 spring onions
- Sesame seeds (toasted)
- 40ml soya sauce
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil in a pot and add the egg noodles. Turn off the heat and allow the noodles to sit in the warm stock for five minutes. Drain the noodles after five minutes and keep noodles warm. Hold on to the remaining stock for a soup.
- Heat a wok for approx. five minutes. Add the rapeseed oil quickly, followed by the ginger and garlic. Cook for one minute, then add the onions followed by sriracha sauce and cook for a minute more.
- Add the peppers, sliced green beans and season with freshly ground pepper. Stir fry for approx. two minutes. Add the prawns and egg noodles, and stir fry for up to a further two minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Add the spinach, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and the toasted sesame seeds.
- Finish with soya sauce and stir fry by tossing all in the wok until it's combined together.