Each serving contains approximately 520 kcal.
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper
- 200g green beans
- 1 carrot
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 100g dried wholewheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (30g)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (30g)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (30g)
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil (10g)
- 1 tablespoon water (15g)
- 50g beansprouts
- Cut the red onion in half, then peel and thinly slice. Trim the garlic, then peel and finely grate. Remove the core from the red pepper, then thinly slice.
- Trim the green beans and cut each one in half. Peel the carrot and cut into very thin slices on the diagonal.
- On a clean chopping board, cut the chicken into strips.
- Place the noodles in a pan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain in a colander.
- To make the sauce, add the tomato ketchup to a bowl and stir in the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and swirl up the sides. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the wok and cook, tossing constantly for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Add the red pepper, green beans and carrot and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle over the water to help steam-fry the vegetables and prevent the food from sticking. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 20 seconds.
- Add the drained noodles to the wok and then pour in the sauce and add the beansprouts. Toss together over a medium heat until everything is heated through. Test that the chicken is cooked through with a small sharp knife. The juices should run clear.
- Divide the Stir-Fried Chicken Noodles between bowls to serve.