Each serving contains approximately 550 kcal.
- ½ small red onion
- 2 red peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 45g Cheddar cheese
- 225g tin kidney beans (you need 190g)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 10g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons shop-bought salsa (30g)
- 2 teaspoons natural yoghurt (3% fat – 10g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Peel the red onion and cut into thin slices. Cut the red peppers in half, then remove the seeds and cores and thinly slice. Peel and crush the garlic clove to a paste. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Grate the cheese on to a plate.
- Drain the kidney beans into a sieve in the sink and rinse under cold running water.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the rapeseed oil. Tip in the onion and peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes until tender and just beginning to pick up a bit of colour. Stir the garlic with the cumin and cook for another minute, stirring. Season lightly with a little salt (optional) and pepper.
- Place the wholemeal wraps on a baking sheet and divide the vegetable mixture between them. Spoon over the kidney beans and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Put in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is beginning to melt and the bottom of the wraps are crisped up.
- Transfer the veggie quesadillas to plates and top with the spinach leaves, salsa and yoghurt. Season with pepper to serve.