These simple little petits fours are adorable and look and taste delicious.
- 225g (8oz) dark or white chocolate, chopped
- whole hazelnuts, toasted
- whole almonds, toasted
- whole pistachio nuts
- yellow raisins
- plump sultanas
- crystallised ginger, diced
- gold leaf (optional)
- freeze-dried raspberry krispies
- Put the chocolate into a Pyrex bowl over a saucepan of hot water (the base of the bowl should not touch the water). When the water comes to the boil, turn off the heat and leave until the chocolate melts.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of silicone paper or a Silpat mat. Fill the chocolate into a paper piping cone, cut out a tiny hole and pipe out little 2.5cm (1 inch) blobs.
- Alternatively, spoon small blobs onto the lined tray. Shake the mat gently to spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle a mixture of nuts, dried fruit, cubed crystallised ginger and freeze-dried raspberry krispies on top of each one. Sprinkle with a little gold leaf if you have some. Allow to set in the fridge, then peel off the paper and enjoy.
To make chocolate pop moulds:
- Melt the white or dark chocolate as above and spoon into the chocolate pop moulds. Insert a lollipop stick. Tap the worktop to smooth over the top.
- Decorate the top with freeze-dried raspberries or dried cranberries. Allow to set. Unmould. Serve set in a piece of floral oasis decorated with holly or coloured tissue.