A deliciously decadent treat to bake this winter.
Makes 15 large cookies
- 250g plain flour
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 170g organic Greek style rich dark cherry yogurt
- 70g dark chocolate chips
- 30g dark glacé cherries cut into small pieces
- 30g melted dark chocolate
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add in the butter and rub it in until a fine breadcrumb texture is visible.
- Gently stir in the yogurt, chocolate chips and glace cherry slices.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the dough onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes at 190°C or until the cookies have started to brown on top.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of Glenisk.