Mags Roches' Butternut squash, Ricotta and Sage pie, with beetroot and pomegranate salad.
- 500g butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 6 sage leaves
- 200g ricotta
- 50g Parmesan
- 20g Pine nuts roasted
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pommegrate
- 1 cooked beetroot.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut puff pastry in medium size circles. Brush with egg wash, and cook in the oven until nicely risen and golden. Take out and leave to one side.
- Cut squash into large chunks. 2 crushed garlic cloves, Place on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 180 for 25-30 minutes until veg is cooked and carmelised.
- Take out some of the roasted squash and blend with a little water to make a puree. Mix in ricotta and Parmesan cheese with the pureed squash. Taste and check seasoning. Mix in pine nuts.
- Add the chunks of roasted butternut squash to the pureed mix.
- Heat in a saucepan and place into a dish and cover with the cooked puff pastry lid.
- For the salad, pickled beetroot works really well, with the creamy squash.
- Cut a pomegranate, and pick out the seeds, mix together with a squeeze of lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Mix with green leaves
- Serve beside the pie.