Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
For the fishcakes:
- 500g cooked and mashed potato
- 300g Hake, diced in 2cm cubes
- ½ onion, finely diced
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g flour
- 2 egg
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g créme fraîche
- 80g salad leaves
- 80g mixed herbs – parsley, dill, mint, tarragon, chives
- 6 slices of smoked salmon to top
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fishcake ingredients. Divide the mix insix and shape the cakes using either your hands or upturned sugar bowl. Place onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Chill in the fridge.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Remove the cakes and dust in the flour, followed by the egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a medium pan on both sides and around the sides for about 10 mins until golden and crispy.
- Put dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt into a clean jam jar and shake to emulsify.
- In a bowl, mix the créme fraîche and season with salt add lemon juice
- For the salad, tear the herbs into a bowl with the baby leaves and dress with the vinaigrette.
- To serve, place the cakes on a plate and stack the sliced smoked salmon on top, followed by the lemon créme fraîche, and the dressed herb salad.