Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
- 200g Arborio rice
- 2 shallots/onions, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 300ml leftover white wine
- 1½ litres warm chicken stock
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 20g butter, diced
- ½ bag frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Mint (Optional)
- 4 slices Smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- Heat a large heavy-based saucepan, add some olive oil
- Cook the shallots/onions until soft, add the garlic, followed by the rice
- Coat the rice and increase the heat.
- Add the wine and allow to disappear, keep the heat high
- Add a ladle of warm stock and allow to disappear. Continue this process until the rice is soft
- Keep half the peas aside for the finished dish, add half to a blender and blend to a paste, add some stock until a green liquid is formed.
- Finish the risotto by adding the green liquid, whole peas, butter, cheese, lemon zest and mint. Season to taste.
- Poach the eggs in barely simmering water for about 2 minutes, drain and serve on top of the risotto with the smoked salmon slices torn into pieces and scattered on top.