Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
- 200g plain flour
- 40g peanut butter
- 80g butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ level tsp salt
- 100g blueberries or other berry
- 100 ml honey
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 100ml lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 190c
- With an electric mixer, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar together until pale
- Add the banana and mix well.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add ½ the eggs and ½ the flour mix to the creamed mixture, lightly mix through and then repeat with remaining eggs and flour.
- Finish by folding in the blueberries
- Tip into to a parchment-lined large loaf tin and bake for 50mins until hollow to tap
- Warm the honey, cornflour and lemon juice together and brush onto the loaf while it is still warm to glaze, slice and serve.