Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
- 200g dried pasta
- 100g rindless streaky bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillis, diced
- Large handful parsley, chopped (if available)
- 100g parmesan, grated
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Place the pasta in boiling salted water, cook until just tender (6ish mins)
- In a pot, heat the olive oil. Cut the bacon into lardons, fry in oil until crispy. Add the garlic and chilli and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until the garlic has started to turn golden, season heavily
- Remove the pasta from the water and add to the oil mix, add a ladle full of pasta water, followed by the parmesan, lemon juice, zest and parsley.
- Season with some more olive oil, lemon and salt and serve in warm bowls