The perfect dinner for St. Patrick's Day.
- I pkt Irish pork loin chops(700g)
- I pkt bacon lardons (125g)
- I head of Savoy cabbage (815g)
- I carton of double cream(250ml)
- I chicken stock cube
- 1 red apple (155g) cored , cut into quarters and finely sliced.
- 1/2 tbsp English
- A splash of sunflower oil for the cabbage and some more for the chops.
- Salt and pepper.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and compost or throw away.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, remove the stems ,finely shred then wash well.
- Heat up a frying pan , add some oil and when lightly smoking carefully add your chops( feel free to grill the chops if you like but they will take a little longer.
- Cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side, season and keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat up some oil in a decent sized pot, add the lardons of bacon and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the apples and cabbage along with a little splash of water.
- Crumble in the stock cube and add the cream ,salt and pepper.
- Place a lid on the pot and cook over a high heat for 5-6 minutes stirring once or twice.
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper and serve with the chops.