After a rocky road recipe that's a little different? Rocky road's traditional marshmallow stickiness has been replaced by tinned figs in this recipe, from Lola Milne's new cookbook - and it might be better than the original.
Makes: 10 bars
- 170g slightly salted butter, diced
- 335g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 4tbs golden syrup
- 120g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 120g amaretti biscuits, broken into small pieces (digestives, lotus or hobnobs would also work well)
- 425g tin figs in syrup, drained and chopped
- Line a 20cm square brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly melt together the butter, chocolate and golden syrup, then fold in most of the walnuts, biscuits and figs.
- Tip into the prepared tin, spreading evenly, and top with the remaining ingredients. Chill in the fridge to firm up (about two to three hours minimum) before cutting into 10 bars.
Take One Tin by Lola Milne, photography by Lizzie Mayson, is published by Kyle Books. Available now.