A really colourful and zingy recipe to brighten up a midweek dinner.
Equipment: Griddle pan or sauté pan
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 225g (8oz) sirloin steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and shaved into ribbons
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved into ribbons
- 1 x 280g (9¾oz) packet ready-diced mango (cut larger pieces into smaller dice)
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- handful of coriander leaves
- 2–3 sprigs of mint, leaves picked
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a griddle or sauté pan until smoking hot and sear the steak for 1–2 minutes on each side until browned but still rare in the middle. Set aside to rest.
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce with the lime juice in a serving bowl. Add the cucumber, carrots, mango and baby gem lettuces, along with the herbs, and toss through to combine.
- Slice the steak and serve on top of the salad.