As winter comes to a close, celebrate the new season with this dish that is packed with all the flavours of spring.
Equipment: Large frying pan with lid
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lamb leg steaks
- 250g (9oz) new potatoes, halved
- 350–400ml (1½ –1¾ cups) fresh chicken stock
- 20g (3⁄4oz) unsalted butter
- 3 baby gem lettuces, quartered
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium–high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and brown all over until just cooked, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and pour in the stock so it just covers the potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the butter, baby gem and peas. Fry in the buttery juices for 2–3 minutes, then add the vinegar and mustard.
- Return the lamb to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes more to warm through. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.