Coconut & Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls
For the Rolls:
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 400 g Glenisk Greek Style Organic Coconut & Vanilla Yogurt
- 50 ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ – 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 60 g cream cheese
- 125 g Glenisk Greek Style Organic Coconut & Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons tepid water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the cinnamon rolls add the flour, milk and yogurt to a large mixing bowl, and stir until they are well mixed.
- Tip the dough out onto a well-floured surface and bring the mixture together into a ball shape. Dust the surface with flour again and roll out dough to form a large rectangle approx. ½ cm thick.
- Brush the dough with approximately 2 tablespoons of the melted butter (leaving a little butter to brush over the top before baking them in the oven). Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon evenly over the rectangle of dough. Tightly roll the rectangle up into a large sausage. Using a sharp knife, cut into rounds approx. 5cm thick.
- Place the rounds onto the baking tray. Brush the top of the rolls with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 30 mins. If browning too quickly, place a sheet of baking paper over the top to prevent them from burning. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before topping them with the drizzle.
- To make the yogurt drizzle place the cream cheese, icing sugar, yogurt and water in a bowl, mix well until smooth and drizzle over the cooled rolls.
- Recipe courtesy of Glenisk