Keeping the cauliflower raw gives a satisfying bite to this super-simple dish.
- 700g (1 ½ lb) riced cauliflower (shop-bought)
- large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- handful of mint leaves,finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g (5oz) sun-blushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 250g (9oz) halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp clear honey
- In a large bowl toss the cauliflower rice with the herbs, spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber. Add the lemon zest and juice, oil and plenty of seasoning.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the halloumi slices for 1–2minutes each side until golden brown. Add the vinegar and honey to the pan and allow it to coat the cheese and become sticky. Serve straight away with the tabbouleh.