Kevin Aherne's Scallops with Mushroom, Watercress Salad & Apple
- 10 Scallops
- 12 Shiitake mushrooms
- Sprig tarragon
- Sprig dill
- 50g leek (finely sliced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 75ml White wine
- 50ml Cream
- 100ml Aooke reduced to 25ml until a syrup
- Bunch Watercress
- 1 Apple (Small, diced)
- Remove the roe and the connnective tissue from the scallop
- On a high heat pan , fry the scallop 3 minutes on one side, you want them golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms
- Turn the scallops and fry for 1 minute
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the leaks, garlic and white wine to the pan.
- Reduce the wine by half
- Add the Cream
- Add the herbs
- Reduce by 1/3 and remove from the heat
- Re-add the scallops
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove from the heat and serve in a bowl
- Dress the watercress with the apple syrup and diced apple.
- Serve with the scallops.